My goodness, I haven’t played this game since I was in grade school – back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. But Faemom tagged me and (rule follower that I am) I just have to play. Plus, it seemed like a fun game to play for a Saturday post. So c’mon! Let’s play tag!
First, I have to name seven things you don’t already know about me.
Second, I have to tag seven other blogs to play along (and that you should all visit, of course!)
First things first….
7. If I was a boy my dad wanted to name me Robert John so that he could call me Bo-Jo. I wish I were kidding. But I’m not.
6. I developed a food aversion to spinach when I was pregnant. It was one of my absolute favorite vegetables and 6 years later I STILL can’t eat it. I can barely type the word without getting all queasy.
5. I was terrible at tag as a kid. I was so afraid of “failing” (you know, never being able to actually catch someone) that I’d pretend I was just not interested, that the blades of grass and clovers were calling me to observe them. I like this game, however, because you don’t even know I’m sneaking up on you and tagging you. Plus, I get to sit down while doing it.
4. I bought my first car for $400. The passenger side had little half-dollar size holes on the floor so if you lifted up the floor mats you could see the asphalt racing by. I named it The Flintstone Mobile.
3. I didn’t have boobs until I got pregnant. I was a mildly flat chested teen/adult. I’m not kidding. My sister and I used to joke about what to fill our bras with each morning when we got dressed. Then I got pregnant. And nursed. Yep, God gave me boobs and then He let me keep ’em. Just a little present for suffering through 15 years of infertility, I like to think. Of course, he let me keep an extra 15 pounds of baby weight, too.
2. My blood pressure always rises whenever I hear a baby or child crying in public. I look around worried. I follow the sound to make sure someone is taking care of the situation. I absolutely cannot rest until the crying ends. It drives my husband crazy.
1. I spent the summer in Germany when I was 15. My friend and I went to a store to buy the German “Playgirl” magazine equivalent. When we went to pay for it the clerk asked us if we were sure this was the magazine we wanted to buy. Of course it was, my friend said, and we rolled our eyes at her prudishness. When we got back home we started pouring through the magazine, agog at all the naked men. But something was a little off. We couldn’t quite figure it out. Then we turned the page and one picture said it all. This wasn’t a “Playgirl” equivalent. It was a …..well, I don’t even know what the equivalent is…..it was more like a “Playguy.” You know, for homosexuals. Oops.
Ok. Now it’s your turn to play. Either tag someone else or peek in on the tagged! Have fun! And happy Saturday!
15 responses to “Tag! You’re It!”
I’m giggling at the German magazine incident!!!
I, too, start to panic when I hear a baby cry.
That is so funny about the magazine! But hey, life’s not fair…God didn’t let me keep the boobs I finally got from nursing, wah!
At least it’s not the “25 things” that went around facebook last year! Sure, I’ll play! Give me a day or two to come up with something interesting to read. 🙂
Love the magazine story. Classic!
Hahaha! I liked all of those facts. My friend craved laundry soap when she was pregnant. Obviously she didn’t eat any. Weird, huh?
OMG the magazine story?? Priceless! And guess what else? I bought my first car for $400, too! It didn’t have holes in the floor though… but it did have this obnoxious purple tint that someone had tried (unsuccessfully) to peel off. That, and a busted windshield. And a broken speedometer. And no heat. And a nasty habit of turning itself off WHILE DRIVING….
Thanks for the tag!
I sold my first car for 400 bucks. Or I should say I was forced to sell it for that because my husband gave the guy a break on the deal. I was so pissed. It was easily worth 600.
I love the magazine story. So why were you in Germany for the summer?
Your Germany story had me rolling. When I lived for a semester in college in Chile there were so many times when I made crazy blunders just like that. I could barely figure out how to use the toilet, catch a bus, buy a sandwich, etc. I would have never even tried to buy a porn magazine, cuz I would’ve probably ended up with a much worse mistake that what you did. (Think bestiality, etc.) Also, there was a girl who lived with my host family before I did and she made the mistake of translating her thoughts directly which doesn’t always work. She told the family after a long horseback ride that “she had a penis in her butt.” They tried very hard to convince her that she did not in fact have a penis in her butt but she was adamant. (What she meant to say was that she had pain in her butt.) The story had quite an impact on them. They were still laughing about it months later when I was living with them. Oh the joys of being lost in translation.
BoJo?? Thank goodness you’re Jane!
Nice about the boobs; too bad about the spinach.
And a riot about the magazine!
Bummer about the spinach…hilarious magazine story!!
I can’t believe that about the magazine. Too funny!
I can’t believe your car had holes all the way through. I didn’t get to keep my boobs. NO FAIR!
Thanks for thinking of me for the tag. I’ll have to see what I can come up with. I’m slow on these so I’m just warning you in advance. 🙂
Now I know you better, ha ha!
Pingback: Tagged – I’m It! « AC's Scrapbook
OK, I’m done (…stick a fork in me)!
I cannot believe you went to buy a Playgirl magazine! (They do say it’s always the quiet ones… LOL)
Bo-Jo? Oh my goodness. The poor kid would have been beaten on the playyard every day. Worse than a boy named Sue…