Preheat home to a comfortable 68 degrees.
1 caramel macchiato from Starbucks
1 small notebook
favorite Mickey Mouse pen
10 nimble fingers
1 keyboard and computer (preferably connected together as a unit)
1 comfy chair in a room void of distraction
1. Sit down in comfy chair and sip the foam off your caramel macchiato while the computer boots up. Once your home page is ready, scan the headlines for ideas. Jot down the plethora of ideas that begin filling your head. Flip through the pages of your notebook for all of the cryptic messages you’ve left yourself. Wonder what in the world you were thinking.
2. In your overloaded brain, combine headlines, pictures and cryptic notebook messages. Mix well. Sit back and sip coffee until a clear idea rises to the top.
3. Once a clear idea has taken shape, take nimble fingers and type clear idea until a blog post begins to form. If needed, shake head in disbelief that you finally have something to say.
4. After your draft is finished, cover and let simmer for the time it takes for a quick potty break. Uncover and review post.
5. Score post with revisions. Add humor, if necessary.
6. Use spellcheck and wish you could remember how to reinstate grammar check. Kick self for getting angry with grammar check and disabling it.
7. Debate whether to comb the internet for pictures to illustrate your No-Fail Post. Realize you have no idea what the perfect picture would be and give up.
8. Press publish.
And voila! You have the perfect recipe for the No-Fail Blog Post!