(Many of you have asked me how it is I attract so many comments. Seriously? How long have you been reading my blog? I garner about half the comments most of you do. So, before you read the below tip sheet, I have to qualify. This post is tongue-in-cheek. It truly is. I know that many of you employ some of these tips with sincerity and passion. (How do you think I came up with this tip sheet?) And I’m jealous of you. Honestly, I am. This post is merely poking fun at myself and my own lack of passion/energy/discipline at honoring the comments that do come my way. For all of you who have been slighted by me in that regard, please know I am deeply sorry and acutely aware of my inadequacies. Now, on to the post….)
How To Increase Your Comments – Jane Style
10. Write all the comments yourself. As many as you like. Until your fingers bleed.
9. Comment after everyone else’s comment. Even if all they say is, “Great post!”
8. Let the spam through. After all, the spam was nice enough to spam you in the first place.
7. Beg and plead for comments. Ask oodles and oodles of questions for your readers to respond to. Even if the questions have absolutely nothing to do with your post.
6. Pray that God and all the angels will bring more comments to your blog.
5. Scream at the lurkers and guilt them into acknowledging their presence.
4. Promise prizes for comments.
3. Become a comment whore and indiscriminately leave comments on any blog you can find. Even if all the time you can spare is to say, “Great post!”
2. Make it easy for your readers to comment. Skip log-ins, CAPTCHA codes, registration forms and the required first-born son.
And the number one way to increase your comments?
Sorry. I couldn’t come up with the number one answer. Yes. I am THAT comment-challenged.
Can you help? (Hey! I just employed tip #7! See? I’m learning!)
(All “Great post!” comments will not be deleted. So if that’s all you have to say? By all means, I’ll take it!)