1. I have pre-dated posts in order to create certain patterns on my homepage calendar that highlights post dates. (For any fellow OCD bloggers out there, this sentence makes perfect sense.)
2. I let the television babysit my children from time to time. Ok. More often than I’d like to admit. (Wait. I just admitted it, didn’t I?)
3. Yep. I’m that lazy mom that forgot to send in the two dozen baked goods, individually wrapped, for the Fall Festival this year. And not for just one kid. For two. Yep. That’s me. Oh. And I didn’t sign up to volunteer for the booths, either. (What is wrong with me?)
4. Oh, yeah. And I’m also the mom that forgot to send $1 with my kids to school for Hat Day raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. (Boy, I suck.)
5. I throw together a bunch of pre-prepared stuff (canned soup, frozen vegetables, grilled chicken in shrink-wrap packages) and pass it off as homemade to my husband and call it one of my creations. (God, I hope he doesn’t read this!)
6. I have regrets. I wish I didn’t. But I do. And I can’t seem to shake them off. Like #7….
7. I really messed up. I wish I could do it all over again, but I can’t. I’m so sorry I xxxxxxxxx. I didn’t mean to xxxxxxx. But I did. And for that, I’m truly sorry. (I’m so glad I got that off my chest.)
8. My teen thinks that I don’t know things that I do. She forgets that I was a college freshman once, too. Yep. I know what is going on in your dorm room, on the weekends, in and out of class. I know. And I’m not saying one thing. Nope. Nada. Nothin’. My lips are sealed. I can play dumb like the best of ’em.
9. I hide my favorite ice cream (Ben & Jerry’s) on the second to last shelf of the freezer. Hidden under bags of vegetables.
10. I love all the faithful, amazing, wonderful readers I have out there who read me more than I read them. I haven’t been much of a reader lately. My life has been a bit topsy-turvy. But I love you all, just the same.
That wasn’t much of a confession.
But I had to say it.
Love you all.