I’m totally stealing a blog post from a friend. It’s okay, since I’m being so upfront about it. Well, that and the fact that he encouraged people to steal it – but admitting this sort of takes all the danger out of it.
Yeah. I’m a bad-ass.
This is actually associated with an award. LLCoolJoe won the award first and passed it along to anyone who wanted it. Yep. He’s all generous like that. I’m sorry. I can’t even remember the name of the award. Mostly, because I’ve become ambivalent to awards that are handed out like gumdrops. I don’t even like gumdrops. And I hate to hurt anyone’s feelings that might not receive the award.
But, I enjoy learning about other bloggers.
So, I hope you enjoy learning a little bit about me.
1. Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
When you look up “doormat” in the dictionary you will find a picture of moi. Seriously. Go ahead. Look it up. We’ll wait. No? Well, okay. I exaggerate. But, I do have a condition called Argument Amnesia. My husband and I will argue about something and an hour later I’m all hugs and kisses and completely forgotten why he’s being so cool towards me. It drives him crazy. It’s my coping mechanism. It’s not always healthy but it keeps me in my glass-half-full state of mind and I like it that way.
2. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
This question was so tough for me I actually answered it last after much contemplation. I can’t think of just one. So, I’ll just share with you the top three played songs on my ipod.
1. Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead
2. Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson
3. Psycho by Puddle of Mudd
Yep. That about sums it up.
3. What is the most daring thing you’ve done recently?
Eat a Dorito that fell on the floor after the 3 second rule. Don’t worry. I blew off all the germs.
4. Do you like your life right now?
Yes. I do. I’m finding the older I get the more content I become. I still have regret. I still want to accomplish more than is humanly possible. But I am very content with my life. Right. Now. Because now is all that matters.
5. What was the last lie you told?
I acted as if I was already in the parking lot of my destination even though I was still a few blocks away. Why I did this? I have no idea. I was speaking to my husband on the phone and I wasn’t even meeting him. I was meeting a friend. I just didn’t want him to know I was running late. (He has this hang-up about punctuality. Geez.) And, by the way. My friend was running a couple minutes late, too. God, I love her!
6. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror?
Yes. My adorable daughter made me a necklace of a single crystal. I loved it and put it on the rear view mirror with the intent of slipping it on the next day on our way to school. But it got twisted and stuck. And I didn’t want to cut the string so it is still there, to this day. Twelve years later. (Yes. I’m still driving my Volvo station wagon. Best. Car. Ever.) My mother-in-law asks me if it’s “Wiccan.” (She doesn’t approve of the fact that we’re not twice a week church goers.) And I tell her, no. But she’s asked so many times, I now say yes and offer to teach her a few spells when we get home. That usually shuts her up.
7. Do you consider yourself successful?
Yes. Very. But not in the things most people do. I gave up my singing and acting aspirations. I still haven’t written the great American novel. My high school class is chock full of over-achievers. 90% of us have graduated from college and over 50% have advanced degrees. I “only” have some post-graduate work. But that’s okay. Because I am an awesome mom. I made a conscious decision to be the best mom I could be, thus joining the ranks of the “Best Moms Ever.”And I am. Just ask my kids.
8. What was the first music album that you bought?
Deep Purple – Machine Head. Yep. I’m a head-banger.
9. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?
I try. I try with every word. That is always my intent. It’s why I’ve gained a steady readership. It’s also why I’ve lost so many readers.
10. Would you ever give a hitch-hiker a ride somewhere?
I want to. I do. But I watch way too much crime TV.
11. Have you ever acted like you understood something when you didn’t have a clue?
Every. Single. Day.
And now, it’s your turn. There are 11 questions posted below for you to answer on your blog. Trust me. If you’re experiencing writer’s block or you just you to keep the publish button warm this is an easy-peasy blog post.
I know you want to.
- What do you do when you cannot fall asleep?
- Have you ever hidden a purchase for yourself from your partner? If so, what was it?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Who has been the kindest to you in your life?
- If you didn’t need the money, what would you do for work?
- If your life had a motto, what would it be?
- Would you sulk or would you confront?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- What movie or television show have you seen so many times you can quote scenes line by line?
- Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
- If you had a million dollars to give away, how would you do it?
If you choose to take on the 11 Question Challenge, please link up in the comment section so we can visit your blog and learn more about you!