I’m a little late to the party but a few of my blogging friends participate in Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop and I always have the good intention of trying it out. Here’s my attempt this week. Enjoy!
10 Things I’ve Said To My Child That Other Moms Might Not Say
- “How can you have any dessert if you don’t eat your meat?!?” (Cue Pink Floyd music in background.)
- “If you wear that out of the house I swear I’ll take a picture and use it for your wedding invitation!”
- “No, Sweetie. I’m pretty sure they haven’t made a Lifetime movie about you. Yet.”
- “Nanny, nanny boo-boo. I told ya’ so!”
- “Oh. It was just beer? Well, at least you’re not trying Meth.”
- “I don’t care if you can toot on purpose. Stop doing it. You’re going to hurt your anus.”
- “Just be the best teacher or lawyer or ditch digger you can be. But don’t be a pimp. ‘Cause they’re not nice.”
- “Yes. Shut-up IS the s-word and I don’t ever want to hear you say it again!”
- “I’m pretty sure that the states are androgynous. There is no Mistersippi that I know of.”
- “Seriously? Stop that crying right now. There is NO crying in housework!!!” (Just call me a pop culture junkie.)
Feel free to share your doozy below.