I needed a laugh. So I hopped on over to YouTube. I suppose I’m missing my high school students. Or maybe I’m still struggling to appreciate the Twilight series. Maybe I am still stuck in yesterday’s post. But I stumbled upon this and I couldn’t stop giggling. A good sign.
Now I have to warn you. It uses “complex” words like: angst (the blues), immolate (sacrifice), and transform (change). Oh, and it also uses slang like: Yo (an informal name given to one whose name is not known), emo (a genre of melancholy punk music that appeals to teens), and riffin’ (overreact). So be prepared. There’ll be a quiz afterwards.
(Just kidding about the quiz, y’all. Peace out!)
I am continually amazed at the search terms that bring people to my blog. Some of the latest include:
- is Ralph Lauren looking for models: Boy, not only do you like me you think I’m pretty, too!
- moose turd cookies: Hey! My cooking isn’t THAT bad!
- brazilian skin colour politically correct: Politically correct skin colour? Huh?
- wrinkled boobs: Yes. Still. Almost every day
- boobs search here: I wondered that every day throughout puberty
- dirty mom son: Searched for and sent here more often than I’d like
- gorgeous young girls: Now that’s better. Hey. Wait…….ewwwwww.
Yahoo is doing its year in review. They have many categories but the one that interested me? Top 10 Searches for 2009.
- Michael Jackson – Yes, his death was tragic. Yes, he was loved worldwide. Yes, much of his entertaining was genius. Yes, I had all of the Jackson 5’s albums as a kid. But I was so over him once he became physically unrecognizable. The man had issues (on many levels) and all close to him should feel horrible that they didn’t do more to help him.
- The Twilight Saga – I don’t get it. My daughter does. She loved the series. She went to the 12:01am showing when the movie premiered. I tried reading the first novel but got bored. I see the appeal for teens. I just don’t get the appeal of women my age drooling over a teen vampire. We’d be disgusted if the genders were reversed.
- WWE – Seriously? People still watch that stuff?
- Megan Fox – I still couldn’t pick her out in a line-up.
- Britney Spears – A pop sensation, yes. And continues to be popular. She’s been on Yahoo’s Top 10 Search list for the past 5 years. My guess is the searches are by voyeurs relishing in the latest news of her twisted, messed up private life, not for her entertainment skills. And that’s just sad.
- Naruto Manga – An exotic Asian dish? A helpful Japanese phrase? Nope. Evidently it’s an anime series on Cartoon Network. Never seen it.
- American Idol – This I’ve heard of. And I’m an unashamed fan of the show. I find it fascinating. I wish this show had been around when I was in my twenties.
- Kim Kardashian – I just had to click back to the site to make sure I was spelling her name correctly. She has sisters, too, right? And they have a reality TV show? (I’m testing my knowledge here, so give me a sec.) Yep. I was right. But have I ever seen the show? Never.
- NASCAR – Again, really? People still watch this stuff?
- Runescape – Ok. It’s sci- fi, right? (Just guessing from the name) Yes. It’s the most popular free online role-playing game in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records. And I’ve never heard of it.
I am officially old.