And then, yesterday, as my children were calling for me a flight of stairs away (Do your children scream downstairs for you, too? One of my big pet peeves. Yet, I always respond. What is wrong with me?) words left my lips that sounded so foreign, so odd, but made perfect sense to my tech-savvy self. (Okay. I’m not very tech savvy. At all. But when I said #3, I felt like the perfect techno-geek.)
It got me thinking. When I was sitting in Algebra class, oh-so-many-years-ago, and we were sitting around figuring out how old we’d be in the year (gasp!) 2000 and wailing “We’re going to be sooooo oooollllddddd!” (36 years) besides the ancient age of 36, there were many other things we never could have imagined. So many other things we never could have predicted would come from our fossilized and parentified lips.
1. How can you have any dessert when you haven’t eaten your meat?
2. Boy, that Zumba class really kicked my butt this morning.
3. Hold on. I need to turn off my book.
4. I just hit 190 followers on my blog!
5. Because I said so. (Or some similar version.) (Okay. Not very original. But when we heard that as kids we all vowed we’d never say it. Am I right?)
6. Honey, don’t forget to charge the car.
7. Wait a sec, I’ll just Google it.
8. Oooo. I love that song. What’s the name of it again? Here. I’ll Shazam it and then download it when I get home! Hey! I don’t have to wait. I can download it now!
9. I just Viggled the Today show. It’s on for four hours! That’s 240 points!
10. Upon leaving the house and forgetting, yet something else – I’ll be right back. I forgot my phone.
So, what did you dream you’d never say?